Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Art of Music: Underground Hip-Hop- Iman Omari

Hey y’all

I know it’s been a minute but I’m back with a new artist for y’all to check out, by the name of Iman Omari. Earlier this year I had the pleasure of hearing this talented artist first the time on Solange’s most recent compilation album, Saint Heron, put out by her personal record label Saint Records. On there was when I first heard his single, ‘Energy’, but it wasn’t until this past summer before my departure to Brazil, that my brother put me on more of his work. When I tell you this young artist has got some talent that borderlines on musical genius, I mean it! You know I don't play when it comes to my music :)

Still not convinced? Check out more info about him and a few samples of his work below.

~IMAN OMARI~



     The Los Angeles-based singer, songwriter and producer has got sounds that will truly nourish the heart and soul. His dreamy melodic Hip-hop/R&B tunes have a hint of spaced aged soul and jazz fusion with lyrics reflective of life experience reminiscent of Stevie Wonder’s story-telling ability and A Tribe Called Quest’s innovative beat production. He’s produced works for other underground West Coast artists such as PacDiv, Dom Kennedy, and OverDoz. He even landed co-production credits on Kendrick Lamar’s critically acclaimed 2011 mixtape, Section .80. His encapsulating sound is truly groundbreaking, innovative and awe-inspiring. The makings of a true artists in his own right, his beats and sound draw the listener in with magnetic pull only your soul will understand. His discography consists of 9 different EPs and LPs completed over the last several years since the age of 17, with his most recent work, Samadhi, having been dropped this past summer.



So if you dig dope beats with a new aged west coast sound and slick vocals then this young artist just might take you on a ride your ears will quite possibly thank you for. Check out some of his latest stuff for yourself below:






Sites:
imaniomari.bandcamp.com
soundcloud.com/imanomari
twitter.com/IamImanOmari

I hope you’ve discovered something new to enjoy, as usual to continue to spread peace and positivity and as always, remember to pass it on.

Until next time y’all

Peace,
Dij

No comments:

Post a Comment